Sunday, July 15, 2012

Book Two: The Girl Who Chased the Moon

“It took me a long time to realize this: We get to choose what defines us.”

The Girl Who Chased the Moon

Rating: Tyler Zeller 
 

I need to get something off my chest. I'm a complete sucker for  lighthearted chick lit. I know, I know, it's as embarrassing for me to admit as it is for you guys to read it. I usually only indulge in this type of sappy, mindless read during the summer, and The Girl Who Chased the Moon was a perfect self-indulgent choice. The book is set in a fictional North Carolina town, where most of the residents are a little extraordinary. But, Allen's writing style reminds me of real life North Carolina, and she manages to capture the essence of the South beautifully in her novels.

Allen writes about love in a way that makes you believe that one day your prince will come. There's not a whole lot of plot to this novel, but there's enough mystery to keep you reading, and enough sap and cheese to keep me coming back for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment